Export to Excel or txt File

John Berman

Hi

I access a MySql Dbase and the results go in screen just fine (1 record per
line etc)

I want to export the data into excel and read that putting this at the top
of my code would do the trick

<%Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"%>

However Im not prompted to save the file and the output just gos to the
screen, I could make do with saving as a txt file but am not sure of the
application type ?

Pointers appreciated.
Regards
John Berman
(e-mail address removed)

xxxxx

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:26:37 +0100, "John Berman"

sorry. the header tells the registry how the app is registered and a
huge OCX/activeX opens up in the browser control.

the browser client has what it wanted and now you have to save it...

Open up VB or C++ for a custom client to the http request.

does anyone else know how to fool it?

xxxxx

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:26:37 +0100, "John Berman"

Aaron Bertrand
Box 3300
Newport, RI 02840
US
Phone: 401.341.3300
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: ASPFAQ.COM

Created on..............: Mon, Nov 09, 1998
Expires on..............: Thu, Nov 08, 2007
Record last updated on..: Tue, Nov 12, 2002

Administrative Contact:
aspfaq.com
Aaron Bertrand
Box 3300
Newport, RI 02840
US
Phone: 401.341.3300
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Technical Contact:
aspfaq.com
Aaron Bertrand
Box 3300
Newport, RI 02840
US
Phone: 401.341.3300
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Zone Contact:
aspfaq.com
Aaron Bertrand
Box 3300
Newport, RI 02840
US
Phone: 401.341.3300
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Domain servers in listed order:

NS3.ORCSWEB.COM 66.129.68.13

NS4.ORCSWEB.COM 66.129.68.14

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Any particular reason why you performed a WHOIS on aspfaq.com, then decided
to publish the information here???