Export to PDF with google maps + msacces export

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Maarten Porters, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    my client is looking for an application with different forms. Things are
    a bit nasty because of some requirements:

    - each form has a google map included.
    - after submitting the form, a pdf needs to be generated (google map
    included)
    - my client has a ms access database, data needs to be synchronized with
    this database. (using their database structure - which is very bad)

    What's the best way to tackle these issues? I was wondering if it's
    possible to just take a screenshot of the form page and convert the jpg
    file to a pdf document (serverside). Is this possible?

    The access database is another problem. Things don't need to be
    synchronized in realtime. So I think the easiest way to do this, is by
    exporting and transforming the mysql table with form results to an XML
    file. The client has to import the xml files manually in access.

    What do you guys think of this?

    Maarten Porters, Jul 28, 2008

    Florian Gilcher, Jul 28, 2008