    All suggestions welcome.

    Glenn

    , Mar 15, 2005

  2. You might be able to use this free ExportPanel control to do it:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/exportpanel.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 16, 2005

    Steve, thanks for your quick reply. What a great idea (wish I'd thought
    of it)!

    Out of the box the ExportPanel was able to capture the table format,
    text and checkbox input controls for header, body and footer templates
    of the datalist control (fantastic!!). The one thing that it didn't
    capture was the images (required).

    As I had mentioned, the images on the web page are dynamically
    generated from a database. The images are cached with a unique
    identifier (GUID) and the web page uses a custom HTTPHandler,
    implementing IHTTPHandler and using the ProcessRequest method
    implementation, to retrieve the cached images and stream them into the
    page content via the :

    HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "image/jpeg"
    HttpContext.Current.Response.OutputStream.Write(img, 0, img.Length)

    (where img is a byte array).

    So, I'm wondering, without too much customization, is there something
    that you could suggest so that the ExportPanel could also capture the
    dynamic images (which are never saved to disk)?

    Thanks for your help!!!
    Glenn

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] wrote:
    > You might be able to use this free ExportPanel control to do it:
    > http://SteveOrr.net/articles/exportpanel.aspx
    >
    > --
    > I hope this helps,
    > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
    > http://SteveOrr.net
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I have an ASP.Net multi-part tabbed page. One of the tab pages

    contains
    > > several controls (including a DataList). The DataList contains,
    > > virtually-rendered, Database images and some text fields. We'd like

    > > take the content and format of the DataList to create a Word

    document
    > > (album) for the end-users.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to export the DataList (HTML table, data, etc) to a

    MS
    > > Word document? I haven't found anything that is very clear or

    helpful
    > > yet.
    > >
    > > All suggestions welcome.
    > >
    > > Glenn

    , Mar 16, 2005
  4. Assuming the URLs to the image will always work, you can just use it.
    Make sure you have the full, absolute URL, not a relative URL to the image.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 16, 2005