    When searching for it using ppm - it does not seem to find it.

    Could anybody advise ?
    Thanks

    MoshiachNow, Sep 11, 2006

  2. MoshiachNow

    Sisyphus Guest

    Sisyphus, Sep 11, 2006

  3. MoshiachNow

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Christian Winter" <> wrote in message
    news:45051220$0$18495$-online.net...
    > MoshiachNow wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Tried installing the Win32::DirSize module on my Windows XP using CPAN-
    > > -failed due to lack of C-compiler.
    > > When searching for it using ppm - it does not seem to find it.
    > >
    > > Could anybody advise ?

    > For Perl 5.8.7 (AS Perl build 813) it's there, but for the older
    > 5.8.3 (build 809) it's missing from the repository.
    > Doing "repos add BdP http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm"
    > within ppm should help you (and provide some more packages
    > that the original ActiveState repository is missing).
    > (At this point: thanks to J-L Morel for saving us quite a bit
    > of compiling work).
    >
    > HTH
    > -Chris

    According to http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8-W.html version 1.13
    failed to build for ActiveState. If you click on the "FAIL" link you'll find
    the reason being:

    Can't open perl script "Makefile.PL": No such file or directory

    There's something odd about that distro. If you go to
    http://search.cpan.org/~arich/Win32-DirSize-1.13/ there's no mention there
    of anything other than a readme and a pm file. Normally there would be a
    link to the Manifest and the Makefile.PL (among others). Perhaps that has
    somehow led to the ActiveState automated build procedure failing to find the
    Makefile.PL (which is definitely present in the distro).

    Weird ...

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Sep 11, 2006