File or assembly name or one of its dependencies, was not found...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rudolf Dvoracek, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    we have some web solutions still running on old ASP 3.0 Platform. So I
    created .NET component in c# with COM interoperability and registered it on
    server. But when i try to create a new instance in asp page, server show
    following message:

    File or assembly name HPTronic.Advertise, or one of its dependencies, was
    not found.

    Operations with this component goes at my machine without any warning
    messages or errors, I can create new instances, access to their properties
    and methods, so I mean here should be problem with user-access rights to
    some directories on deployment machine. HPTronic.Advertise.dll file is placed
    in same directory, where are other dll files, which we use as ActiveX objects
    too.

    Thank you for any valuable advice,

    Rudolf DvořáÄek.

    Rudolf Dvoracek, Jan 2, 2008

  2. Rudolf Dvoracek wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > we have some web solutions still running on old ASP 3.0 Platform. So
    > I created .NET component in c# with COM interoperability and
    > registered it on server. But when i try to create a new instance in
    > asp page, server show following message:
    >

    > File or assembly name HPTronic.Advertise, or one of its dependencies,
    > was not found.

    You will probably be better off posting to a .Net group such as

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 2, 2008

  3. Re: File or assembly name or one of its dependencies, was not foun

    I writed this post here, because forum moderator Feng Chen told me that in
    that topic:

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/showpost.aspx?postid=2577220&siteid=1

    Rudolf Dvoracek, Jan 2, 2008
  4. Re: File or assembly name or one of its dependencies, was not foun

    1. You didn't give us the same information you provided there.
    2. I don't use Interop so I can only guess: my guess is that it's probably a
    permissions issue. Don't forget that IIS runs processes under the contexts
    of the IUSR_Machinename and IWAM_machinename accounts, so these are the
    accounts that need the required permissions for this assembly.

    If this is not helpful, I strongly suggest you go to one of the groups I
    suggested.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 2, 2008
  5. Re: File or assembly name or one of its dependencies, was not foun

    IIS processes runs under different accounts. We have set of accounts, each
    for some applications pool. These accounts are Domain accounts. Both ASP 3.0
    and ASP.NET processes runs under these account smoothly except this issue
    with COM object running as MSIL.

    So, thanks for your post.

    Rudolf Dvoracek.

    Rudolf Dvoracek, Jan 2, 2008
  6. Re: File or assembly name or one of its dependencies, was not foun

    We runs these processes configured as application pools under domain
    accounts. Both ASP 3.0 and ASP.NET processes runs smoothly except this one
    issue with COM object running as MSIL. Thank you for your information.

    Rudolf Dvoracek

    Rudolf Dvoracek, Jan 2, 2008
  7. Rudolf Dvoracek wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > we have some web solutions still running on old ASP 3.0 Platform. So
    > I created .NET component in c# with COM interoperability and
    > registered it on server.

    You may want to consider creating a web service for this instead of using
    the .Net dll directly.

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 2, 2008