File or assembly name or one of its dependencies, was not found...

Rudolf Dvoracek

Hi,

we have some web solutions still running on old ASP 3.0 Platform. So I
created .NET component in c# with COM interoperability and registered it on
server. But when i try to create a new instance in asp page, server show
following message:

File or assembly name HPTronic.Advertise, or one of its dependencies, was
not found.

Operations with this component goes at my machine without any warning
messages or errors, I can create new instances, access to their properties
and methods, so I mean here should be problem with user-access rights to
some directories on deployment machine. HPTronic.Advertise.dll file is placed
in same directory, where are other dll files, which we use as ActiveX objects
too.

Thank you for any valuable advice,

Rudolf DvořáÄek.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Rudolf said:
Hi,

we have some web solutions still running on old ASP 3.0 Platform. So
I created .NET component in c# with COM interoperability and
registered it on server. But when i try to create a new instance in
asp page, server show following message:

File or assembly name HPTronic.Advertise, or one of its dependencies,
was not found.
You will probably be better off posting to a .Net group such as

Bob Barrows [MVP]

1. You didn't give us the same information you provided there.
2. I don't use Interop so I can only guess: my guess is that it's probably a
permissions issue. Don't forget that IIS runs processes under the contexts
of the IUSR_Machinename and IWAM_machinename accounts, so these are the
accounts that need the required permissions for this assembly.

If this is not helpful, I strongly suggest you go to one of the groups I
suggested.

Rudolf Dvoracek

IIS processes runs under different accounts. We have set of accounts, each
for some applications pool. These accounts are Domain accounts. Both ASP 3.0
and ASP.NET processes runs under these account smoothly except this issue
with COM object running as MSIL.

So, thanks for your post.

Rudolf Dvoracek.

Rudolf Dvoracek

We runs these processes configured as application pools under domain
accounts. Both ASP 3.0 and ASP.NET processes runs smoothly except this one
issue with COM object running as MSIL. Thank you for your information.

Rudolf Dvoracek