Firewall and web services

GPG

I have a server behind a firewall that sends a webservice request to an
other server placed on a different public network.
When I get the answer, my service is not able to interpreter the data
received and the error message dispalyed is:
"Data source is an invalid type. It must be either an IListSource,
IEnumerable, or IDataSource"

The expected data is a datatable as result of a sql query.

Same application is working fine if the firewall is not present.

Beside the port 80, what other port should be opened to allow a correct data
transmission?

many thanks

giampiero

James Parker

GPG said:
I have a server behind a firewall that sends a webservice request to an
other server placed on a different public network.
When I get the answer, my service is not able to interpreter the data
received and the error message dispalyed is:
"Data source is an invalid type. It must be either an IListSource,
IEnumerable, or IDataSource"

The expected data is a datatable as result of a sql query.

Same application is working fine if the firewall is not present.

Beside the port 80, what other port should be opened to allow a correct
data transmission?

many thanks

giampiero

It is possiable that the firewall and or a proxy server is modifing the
content of the XML, or changing the headers of the responce. It might be
worth using port 443 over an SSL connection this will stop any proxy server
or firewalls from being able to change the responce.

j1mb0jay

http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk