Fix for Execution permission cannot be acquired

bparker

I finally fixed a problem this morning that I saw many others having
but no solutions worked.

If you try to view a .Net web page and get a Configuration Error:
Execution permission cannot be acquired. Machine.config Line: 258 ,
here is what I did to remedy the problem.

- Reinstalled .Net Framework 1.1 SP1 over itself.
- Install .Net Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update
- Uninstall IIS
- Delete entire Inetpub folder
- Reboot
- Reinstall IIS
- Run aspnet_regiis -i from Visual Studio command prompt

This fixed my problem, hope it helps some others as I've been unable to
run .net webapps for two months now!

Brian

Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
sharepoint security

this error can also come up if one of your sharepoint web parts can't acquire trust

Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
grant all the permissions you need

I kept stumbling over why I was getting "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Execution permission cannot be acquired". I finally figure it out and detailed the process on my blog: blogs.windwardreports.com/tomasr/2009/07/sharepoint-custom-cas-policies-grant-all-of-the-permissions-you-need.html.