    concept...

    Thanks,
    /Mikhail
    MM, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Mike Treseler, Oct 8, 2003

  3. MM

    MM Guest

    "Mike Treseler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > MM wrote:
    >
    > > Are these commands (shown in red in the testbench example) VHDL

    procedures?

    > pg 50

    http://www.synopsys.com/products/designware/docs/doc/smartmodel/manuals/flexum.pdf

    OK, I see. It seems that the thing is pretty complicated and involves much
    more than just VHDL language, requires a simulator with SWIFT interface,
    etc. Is the whole point of this to hide the model implementation in a binary
    or are there other reasons? Assuming I wanted to do a functionally similar
    thing, I guess I could simply add a command control port to the model entity
    and have it controlled by external procedures the way I wanted. Is there a
    downside to this approach compared to what Synopsys offers (besides hiding
    the implementation)?

    /Mikhail
    MM, Oct 8, 2003
  4. MM wrote:
    > etc. Is the whole point of this to hide the model implementation in a binary
    > or are there other reasons?

    That would be my guess.

    > Assuming I wanted to do a functionally similar
    > thing, I guess I could simply add a command control port to the model entity
    > and have it controlled by external procedures the way I wanted.

    Yes, keep it simple; have it your way.

    > Is there a
    > downside to this approach compared to what Synopsys offers (besides hiding
    > the implementation)?

    Unless you already own and must use this model,
    there is no reason to study this odd interface.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Oct 8, 2003
  5. MM

    MM Guest

    Thanks, Mike. I feel more confident now...

    /Mikhail
    MM, Oct 8, 2003