Form Authentication Across Web Servers

Nitya Prakash

Hi,

I have a two ASP.NET2.0 Web applications which are published/deployed
on two different servers. These application are interacting with each
other. Users of these website can switch between these website as per
the flow. User must be authenticated to access resource from web site.
Form authentication is being used to authorize user.

Can user authenitcation cookie created by one application be shared by
another application which is deployed on different server.

Please throw some light on this situation.

Help will be appriciated.

Edwin Knoppert

I'm about this too, i haven't tested it but i specualte the cookiename is
the only thing?
but maybe the cookie is webserver restricted.
Our goal is a subdomain though.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Active Directory Federated Services (latest MSDN magazine) can serve this
purpose in a domain environment. It makes for a good single sign on. But,
you are asking forms authentication.

Forms auth: Same domain from the Internic perspective? If not, you may be
hosed on this one. If so, you can set machine keys to the same value and
call the server cookie by the same name and path. NOTE, that you will not
share all session variables. This is merely an authentication thing.