    Question: Is there any way I can format that XML (with XSL) before the
    browser renders it?

    Thanks

    KhanyBoy, Jun 1, 2004

  2. KhanyBoy wrote:

    > I send an XML text form item to a web service vendor who replies with
    > XML - so this XML fills all the browser and replaces the previous page
    > that was there.
    >
    > Question: Is there any way I can format that XML (with XSL) before the
    > browser renders it?

    Not all browsers support client-side XSLT so the best approach is to put
    (on your server) a layer between the client and the web service that
    receives the XML from the web service and transforms it with XSLT to
    HTML that is then sent to the browser. ASP can do that, PHP with the
    right extension, or JSP or other server side languages like Perl.
    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jun 1, 2004