Forms authentification

HIK

I am porting an ASP.net 1.1 application from a win2K server to win2k3
server. The application uses forms authentification. The
authentification information is in a query string.

The user goes to A.htm A refers to B.htm for validation and if valid
goes back to A. htm with the following code in the validating page:

Dim strredirect As String = Request("ReturnURL")
Response.Redirect(strredirect, True)

The application works fine from the webserver, but browsing from another
machine generates a "Page cannot be displayed error." If I remove the
forms authentification both the validation page (b.htm) and the user
page (page A) work. It appears to me that its a
configuration/permissions problem, but I can't figure out where the
problem is.

Haim