    Done lots of frames (hate 'em but client requirement) and have never seen
    this before.
    Thaks all

    Racket, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Racket

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:44:34 +1000, "Racket" <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Built a page with left and top frame for nav bar etc.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    frames")

    > Done lots of frames (hate 'em but client requirement)

    Upgrade your clients. :)

    Seriously though, have you explained to them all the problems that
    frames cause, and that to do them properly would take you 3 times as
    long as a non-frames site? Are they paying you by the hour? I hope so
    for your sake... :-D

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Racket

    Augustus Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:44:34 +1000, "Racket" <>
    > declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > Built a page with left and top frame for nav bar etc.

    > http://html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    > http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    > http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    > frames")
    >
    > > Done lots of frames (hate 'em but client requirement)

    > Upgrade your clients. :)

    I don't know about that... there are times when frames can be useful and the
    right solution for a website (I have a couple of sites that use frames in
    places... not on the whole site for navigation, but other parts of the site)

    Augustus, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Racket

    Racket Guest

    Gee thanks Mark.

    Now maybe somebody can actually help me.
    Racket

    Racket, Apr 30, 2004
  5. Racket

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:05:12 +1000, "Racket" <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Gee thanks Mark.

    You're welcome.

    > Now maybe somebody can actually help me.

    I gave you plenty of material to take back to your clients to help you
    convince them that frames are not the way to go. That's the best help
    anyone could give you.

    BTW: Please don't post upside-down.

    This will help:

    Mark Parnell, Apr 30, 2004
  6. "Racket" <> wrote:

    > Gee thanks Mark.
    >
    > Now maybe somebody can actually help me.

    Do we only get a cookie if we solve your problem to your liking? You did
    not appreciate Mark's opinions, and he went to alot of effort for you.

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, Apr 30, 2004
  7. Racket

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <Xns94DB247968D3doormouseattnet@68.12.19.6>,
    says...
    > > Gee thanks Mark.
    > > Now maybe somebody can actually help me.

    > Do we only get a cookie if we solve your problem to your liking? You did
    > not appreciate Mark's opinions, and he went to alot of effort for you.

    Yea, a lot of effort... cut... paste...
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Apr 30, 2004
  8. Racket

    Els Guest

    Racket wrote:

    > Now maybe somebody can actually help me.
    > Racket

    If you want anyone to help you other than pointing out
    what's wrong with frames, I suggest mentioning a url to the
    page that displays your problem.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/