free pixel adverts site - final testing

Jemdam.com

Hi,

I have finished my pixel advertising site which is totally free to use.
Thanks to all the people on here who helped with a few initial problems. I'm
now in the final testing and I think it all works. So if you have a website
of your own vist my new site and get yourself a free link. You can help me
test it and you will get some free traffic.

http://www.pixelverts.com

Please leave feedback so I can fine tune the last 10%.

Thanks,

David

Jim Higson

Jemdam.com said:
Hi,

I have finished my pixel advertising site which is totally free to use.
Thanks to all the people on here who helped with a few initial problems.
I'm now in the final testing and I think it all works. So if you have a
website of your own vist my new site and get yourself a free link. You can
help me test it and you will get some free traffic.

http://www.pixelverts.com

Please leave feedback so I can fine tune the last 10%.

A couple of times I clicked "add... " and got a closed connection.

Just out of interest, what do you see as the draw for normal users to visit
your site? There doesn't seem to be content other than adverts, and it is
difficult to see where the adverts lead. Are you hoping people will
regularly use it as a portal site?

As a bit of usability feedback, why not give the ad links a title so people
know what kind of site they're visiting before they click? I can't think
why I'd just click an image of a pumpkin or the letter "i" with no idea
where it would take me. I mean, it could be *anything*, or is that the
point?

Jemdam.com

A couple of times I clicked "add... " and got a closed connection.

That may be my host, it can be a bit poor sometimes!
Just out of interest, what do you see as the draw for normal users to
visit
your site? There doesn't seem to be content other than adverts, and it is
difficult to see where the adverts lead. Are you hoping people will
regularly use it as a portal site?

The draw is just all the other people coming to keep their adverts live.
When the pages are full the traffic volume will be very high.
As a bit of usability feedback, why not give the ad links a title so
people
know what kind of site they're visiting before they click? I can't think
why I'd just click an image of a pumpkin or the letter "i" with no idea
where it would take me. I mean, it could be *anything*, or is that the
point?

There is a technical reason for this. If I used an image map and an alt tag
for a title then the HTML page would be close to 1 meg just for the image
map. I agree it would be nice but the surprise element could be a good
thing.

Thanks for the feedback.

http://www.pixelverts.com

Jim Higson

Jemdam.com said:
That may be my host, it can be a bit poor sometimes!

The draw is just all the other people coming to keep their adverts live.
When the pages are full the traffic volume will be very high.

So the target user is advert placers and their users trying to keep on the
site?
There is a technical reason for this. If I used an image map and an alt
tag for a title then the HTML page would be close to 1 meg just for the
image map. I agree it would be nice but the surprise element could be a
good thing.

Oh, I see. It's just one big image, I imagined they'd all be little seperate
ones.

FYI, the title attribute should be used for giving links a title, not alt.
MSIE happens to display alt text as a popup when hovering a link, but
that's only because they don't really understand the spec very well, all
browsers would show the title attribute.

Jemdam.com

Oh, I see. It's just one big image, I imagined they'd all be little
seperate
ones.
I went for one image as I imagined if I had 10000 small ones some would fail
to load