Gateway down?

Robert Klemme

Hi,

despite the traffic I am seeing on the mailing list side the news side
seems to be quite mute since yesterday. Any troubles?

Cheers

robert

James Edward Gray II

despite the traffic I am seeing on the mailing list side the news side
seems to be quite mute since yesterday. Any troubles?

Yes, it looks like our attempts to copy messages to Usenet are running =
into errors from our host:

E, [2010-02-08 09:09 #27813] ERROR -- : The NNTP connection timed out

Fred, any idea what is going wrong?

James Edward Gray II=

Robert Klemme

despite the traffic I am seeing on the mailing list side the news side
seems to be quite mute since yesterday. Any troubles?

Yes, it looks like our attempts to copy messages to Usenet are running into errors from our host:

E, [2010-02-08 09:09 #27813] ERROR -- : The NNTP connection timed out

Fred, any idea what is going wrong?

James Edward Gray II

Now I am seeing your post (and others as well) on the news side.
Concluding from headers it took almost four hours to my news provider.

Cheers

robert

F. Senault

Le 08 février à 18:45, Robert Klemme a écrit :
On 02/08/2010 03:20 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
E, [2010-02-08 09:09 #27813] ERROR -- : The NNTP connection timed out

Fred, any idea what is going wrong?

James Edward Gray II

Now I am seeing your post (and others as well) on the news side.
Concluding from headers it took almost four hours to my news provider.

The news server lost its system hard disk during the week-end (and, of
course, I was trying to take a small vacation away from home at that
time).

I could only restart it this evening, with some tinkering. Expect some
small disruptions for the service while I try to put everything back on
track...

Sorry for the inconvenience !

Fred
(That poor old grandpa of a box should be allowed to rest
definitively...)

James Edward Gray II

I could only restart it this evening, with some tinkering. Expect some
small disruptions for the service while I try to put everything back on
track...

Thank you Fred. We appreciate you keeping us going.

James Edward Gray II