gem update

José Cruz

Hi,

I'm behind a firewall. How can I update ruby modules?

If I try to do a
gem update --system

I get the following error:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)

PS: Windows XP SP3 - Ruby 1.8.6

Thanks!

Glen Holcomb

Hi,

I'm behind a firewall. How can I update ruby modules?

If I try to do a

I get the following error:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)

PS: Windows XP SP3 - Ruby 1.8.6

Thanks!
Can you ping http://gems.rubyforge.org?

--=20

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

Glen Holcomb

Sounds like it is either your firewall or DNS/Routing problems then. In
other words it's more of a system/network problem than a ruby one. You
could try downloading and installing it manually if you can get to the gem
to download it.

http://www.ghostonthird.com/2007/12/17/manually-downloading-and-installing-=
gems/

--=20

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

O. Sapauschke

José Cruz said:
Hi,

I'm behind a firewall. How can I update ruby modules?

If I try to do a

I get the following error:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)

PS: Windows XP SP3 - Ruby 1.8.6

Thanks!

Hi,

if its a proxy problem u can try to set an environment variable in
windows
via <Control Panel:System:Advanced:Environment Variables>
HTTP_PROXY = http://usr:pwd@myproxy:port

it worked for me ;-)