gemserver for rubyforge projects

Eric Mahurin

Anybody else think it would be nice if we had a gemserver
running on rubyforge (or wherever) that had documentation for
all available gems on rubyforge? I think all that would be
needed would be to have some machine install all gems (and new
ones as they are uploaded) and have a gemserver running. This
would allow people to get at the docs without having to install
the gem or the developer wouldn't have to upload the docs on
every release. It would also be nice to have links in the
rubyforge project page to the gemserver.

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

Jim Freeze

* Eric Mahurin said:
Anybody else think it would be nice if we had a gemserver
running on rubyforge (or wherever) that had documentation for
all available gems on rubyforge? I think all that would be
needed would be to have some machine install all gems (and new
ones as they are uploaded) and have a gemserver running. This
would allow people to get at the docs without having to install
the gem or the developer wouldn't have to upload the docs on
every release. It would also be nice to have links in the
rubyforge project page to the gemserver.

Would be nice if rubygems had a doc only install so that you
could install docs for all gems, reqardless of architecture.

Eric Mahurin

* Eric Mahurin <[email protected]> [2005-06-18 04:15:40 +0900]:

--

I've added the doc-only install idea to our list.

I made an official feature request for this on rubyforge. Tom
Copeland likes the idea. But, he wants the "doc-only" option.
He asked me to bug the rubygems guys about it, so ... can you
up the priority?

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=104&aid=2044&group_id=5

Yahoo! Mail