    i'm using ISE 4.2 - does somebody know if this is better in version 5.2?

    Thanx,
    Simone

    Simone Winkler, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Simone Winkler

    Pedro Claro Guest

    "Simone Winkler" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hey there,
    >
    > i tried to generate a testbench waveform with Xilinx ISE Software - but it
    > seems that it doesnt support array types.... (it wants me to use either bit,
    > bit_vector or integer).
    > i'm using ISE 4.2 - does somebody know if this is better in version 5.2?
    >
    > Thanx,
    > Simone

    Hi,

    What do you mean with array type in signals? Like std_logic_vector[X
    downto 0] ?
    If you mean giving values to signals in an automatic way try putting
    commas, like: (example of a 16 bit signal ) FF,01,A1,B1, etc.

    I upgraded from Xilinx ISE 4.2 to 5.1. I sticked with 5.1 because when
    installing 5.2 I had troubles with licenses. I believe that 5.1 is
    better than 4.2. But that's only my opinion.

    Pedro Claro

    Pedro Claro, Sep 2, 2003