Generation of multiple portTypes in a single WSDL

traveller

Hi All,

We all know the development model of Glassfish. We can apply the
annotation @WebService and a WSDL file gets generated among others
when deployed as a Web Service.

Technically a WSDL can have more than one portType.

I want to inquire whether it is possible to map two different
interfaces as two portTypes in a single WSDL file while doing
development on Glassfish. In other words is it all possible to have
(or generate) more than one portType in a single WSDL and successfully
deploy the web service with correct operation invocation.

Appreciate any pointers.
Cheers
Ravi

Suyog Bapat

Hi All,

We all know the development model of Glassfish. We can apply the
annotation @WebService and a WSDL file gets generated among others
when deployed as a Web Service.

Technically a WSDL can have more than oneportType.

I want to inquire whether it is possible to map two different
interfaces as two portTypes in a single WSDL file while doing
development on Glassfish. In other words is it all possible to have
(or generate) more than oneportTypein a single WSDL and successfully
deploy the web service with correct operation invocation.

Appreciate any pointers.
Cheers
Ravi

hi,
In case of any model which uses jaxws,
1) with top-down (wsdl first) approach, u can write 2 portTypes in
single wsdl (with 2 ports under
single service referring them via 2 different bindings ). It will
result in two interfaces (1
per portType) when java code is generated. But only 1 service class
will be generated having 2
methods for returning proxies for those 2 ports.
2) with bottom-up (java first) approach, according to me there is no
way in which its possible to
map 2 different classes to portType/s under single wsdl.
cheers,
:))