    2.0.1. win32 port? I cant find any or links are unavailable.
    Thanks
    Pavel

    p.kosina, Sep 13, 2004

  2. p.kosina wrote:
    > Does there exist any python plug-in (or something like that) for Glade
    > 2.0.1. win32 port? I cant find any or links are unavailable.
    > Thanks
    > Pavel

    PyGTK for Windows includes libglade support
    http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/
    There is a nice all-in-one installer for windows (includes GTK+, Glade,
    Docs, etc) which works well with the Windows PyGTK port

    Poissonnier Julien, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Poissonnier Julien wrote:
    > p.kosina wrote:
    >
    >> Does there exist any python plug-in (or something like that) for Glade
    >> 2.0.1. win32 port? I cant find any or links are unavailable.
    >> Thanks
    >> Pavel

    > PyGTK for Windows includes libglade support
    > http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/
    > There is a nice all-in-one installer for windows (includes GTK+, Glade,
    > Docs, etc) which works well with the Windows PyGTK port

    I forgot the link to the all-in-one installer:
    http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

    Poissonnier Julien, Sep 13, 2004
  4. p.kosina

    p.kosina Guest

    I have installed all of it but I can not find anything how to translate
    *.glade to python scripts. I do not need it urgently just interested.
    I have found glc.py which makes some errors...
    In fact I do not know how to handle libglade.
    Probably some tutorial would help.
    I use py2.3 under win2k.
    Thanks
    Pavel

    p.kosina, Sep 14, 2004
  5. p.kosina

    Guest

    p.kosina wrote:
    > I have installed all of it but I can not find anything how to translate
    > *.glade to python scripts. I do not need it urgently just interested.
    > I have found glc.py which makes some errors...
    > In fact I do not know how to handle libglade.
    > Probably some tutorial would help.
    > I use py2.3 under win2k.

    I've never done it under windows but I do know it works.
    Essentially you tell libglade to load the glade file.
    This will render the GUI for you and attach the signal
    handlers (python functions).

    I've a simple tutorial (only tested on linux) here:
    http://www.pixelbeat.org/talks/pygtk/

    Pádraig.

    , Sep 14, 2004
  6. p.kosina wrote:
    > I have installed all of it but I can not find anything how to translate
    > *.glade to python scripts. I do not need it urgently just interested.
    > I have found glc.py which makes some errors...
    > In fact I do not know how to handle libglade.
    > Probably some tutorial would help.
    > I use py2.3 under win2k.
    > Thanks
    > Pavel

    The easiest way is to leave your GUI description as a glade file and use
    libglade to load it at runtime.
    A nice libglade tutorial can be found at

    Poissonnier Julien, Sep 14, 2004
  7. p.kosina

    p.kosina Guest

    import pygtk - OK
    pygtk.require("2.0") - OK
    import gtk -OK
    import gtk.glade - ERROR something wrong with dll. And - there exist
    glade.pyd in gtk directory! I caan not check wht for modules tries to
    import this one, cause it is not text file. Problem is perhaps somewhere
    in libglade.dll or libglade-2.0.0.dll. I try to copy this file in each
    directory but import libglade makes error each time.
    Thank you for any idea

    p.kosina, Sep 16, 2004
  8. It could be a problem with DLLs from a previous GTK version:
    http://mec-symonds.eng.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Saqqara/Gtk4Win32

    Poissonnier Julien, Sep 16, 2004
  9. p.kosina

    p.kosina Guest