Good book to get me started...

Sam Carleton

I have been a Windows C++ programer for 8+ years. I have played
with real basic windows programming for years, I have created
<http://www.miltonstreet.com>. I have also done some non web
programming of C#.Net. My point is that I know how to write code, I
don't understand how to clue all the ASP.Net together.

I currently have the book:

Essential ASP.NET With Examples in C# by Fritz Onion

It is a GREAT book, if you understand how to glue it all together,
which I don't. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Sam

Brian W

That's a big "me too"

I started with "ASP.NET Step By Step" ISBN 0-7356-1287-0. (There is probably
a newer revision) This book was invaluable to me getting started with
ASP.NET.

Good luck
Brian W

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Programming Microsoft ASP.NET by Dino Esposito - invaluable, and technically
very advanced when its required.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

TJS

I just did a book search myself trying to find some good information on how
to get started and glue it all together.

After viewing many books, what I discovered is that you need to decide on
how you will be developing and which language will be used. Many books
employ examples based upon using visual studio, others do not. many books
use examples of C# others use VB.net. Some try to do it all.

My choice was a book which used web matrix, msde, and vb.net for examples
in the text although C# examples are included on the CD. I find very clear
in it's presentation and very thorough in it's scope of topics.

SAMS "ASP.net unleashed" ISBN 0-672-32542-x