    that all I need as an IDE for ASP/ASP.NET and etc? Any books, online
    resources or tutorials on developing and getting a web site off the
    ground using ASP would be much appreciated. TIA!
    Bozo Schmozo, Nov 1, 2003

  2. "Bozo Schmozo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can someone please recommend some good books on developing web sites
    > (pretty much from scratch) using ASP and the necessary/usual
    > components required, such as XML, C# and etc.?
    >
    > As well, if I have one of the latest versions of Visual Studio, is
    > that all I need as an IDE for ASP/ASP.NET and etc? Any books, online
    > resources or tutorials on developing and getting a web site off the
    > ground using ASP would be much appreciated. TIA!

    Assuming you mean ASP.NET...
    First, if you have Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional, you
    can install Internet Information Server (IIS) as a local web server to
    support your development efforts.
    Visual Studio .NET will recognize and use IIS as your local ASP.NET project
    server.
    Second, here is a jumping off point for tutorials, etc.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/using/building/web/default.aspx

    HTH.

    --
    Peter - [MVP - Academic]
    Peter van der Goes, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Bozo Schmozo

    Bozo Schmozo Guest

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 08:01:38 -0600, "Peter van der Goes"
    <> wrote:

    >"Bozo Schmozo" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone please recommend some good books on developing web sites
    >> (pretty much from scratch) using ASP and the necessary/usual
    >> components required, such as XML, C# and etc.?
    >>
    >> As well, if I have one of the latest versions of Visual Studio, is
    >> that all I need as an IDE for ASP/ASP.NET and etc? Any books, online
    >> resources or tutorials on developing and getting a web site off the
    >> ground using ASP would be much appreciated. TIA!

    >Assuming you mean ASP.NET...
    >First, if you have Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional, you
    >can install Internet Information Server (IIS) as a local web server to
    >support your development efforts.
    >Visual Studio .NET will recognize and use IIS as your local ASP.NET project
    >server.
    >Second, here is a jumping off point for tutorials, etc.
    >
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/using/building/web/default.aspx
    >
    >HTH.

    Peter, thanks for the informative reply. Really appreciate it.
    Bozo Schmozo, Nov 1, 2003