graphics

MC felon

i work on turbo c++.
maybe i should upgrade to the ultimate compiler in c++ (visual,
maybe..)
can anyone please direct me to the best compiler?
i mean to work on graphics a lot, too..
if i get myself the best compiler, i may want an e-book on all the
graphic-oriented functions
contained in the compiler's library files.. and any other functions
too..

i have a problem too,.. when i initialize graphics in turbo c++,

void main( )
{
int driver, mode;
driver = DETECT;
initgraph(&driver, &mode, "\\tc\\bgi");
}

the screen is always white.....
i want the backgound to be black...
i even tried

{
setbkcolor(BLACK);
}

but it didnt change anything..
can any one diagnose this problem and help me with both of my queries??
thanx.

fred.saccoccio

According to me there is no best compiler. All of them have a common
set of features and some particularities that make one or another
better for certain tasks.
Anyway, you have the choice : Visual C++, C++ Builder, Watcom C++, DEV
C++.
For your choice, just try them since they are availbale free for
download (Visual C++ express edition, etc... )
MC said:
i work on turbo c++.
maybe i should upgrade to the ultimate compiler in c++ (visual,
maybe..)
can anyone please direct me to the best compiler?

According to me there is no best compiler. All of them have a common
set of features and some particularities that make one or another
better for certain tasks.
Anyway, you have the choice : Visual C++, C++ Builder, Watcom C++, DEV
C++.
For your choice, just try them since they are availbale free for
download (Visual C++ express edition, etc... )
i mean to work on graphics a lot, too..
if i get myself the best compiler, i may want an e-book on all the
graphic-oriented functions
contained in the compiler's library files.. and any other functions
too..

If you want to work on graphics, you shoud find a good library (good is
to take as "that allows you to do quick and easilly what you want") :
OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, etc...
i have a problem too,.. when i initialize graphics in turbo c++,

void main( )
{
int driver, mode;
driver = DETECT;
initgraph(&driver, &mode, "\\tc\\bgi");
}

the screen is always white.....
i want the backgound to be black...
i even tried

{
setbkcolor(BLACK);
}

but it didnt change anything..
can any one diagnose this problem and help me with both of my queries??
thanx.

Stop using Turbo C++ ;-) : I explain myself : It's a pretty old tool
taht generates 16 bits code. I think this code is no more compliant
with 32 bits modern systems (Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP) where the
graphics drivers do not have anything to do with the ones Turbo C++
expects to control.

Hope my messge will help you.