    recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
    solid books are welcome.

    Thanx in advance.
    Tolga, Dec 11, 2005

  2. BartlebyScrivener, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Tolga

    D H Guest

    D H, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Tolga

    Xavier Morel Guest

    Tolga wrote:
    > I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
    > recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
    > solid books are welcome.
    >
    > Thanx in advance.

    I'd call Dive Into Python a reference, it's an extremely clear yet
    pythonic book, and it's available online for free.

    And I guess that you already checked it, but the Python's Tutorial is --
    of course -- imperative.
    Xavier Morel, Dec 11, 2005
  5. On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 06:15:17 -0800, Tolga wrote:

    > I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
    > recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
    > solid books are welcome.
    >
    > Thanx in advance.

    O'Reilly's Learning Python Second Edition covers up to version 2.3 and
    presumes a bit of knowledge with C. I've found it well written with a
    rather low count of errors.

    - Nate >>

    --

    "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
    the pessimist fears this is true."
    Nate Bargmann, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Tolga wrote:

    > I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
    > recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
    > solid books are welcome.
    >
    > Thanx in advance.

    Some days ago there was an similar subject 'Learning Python', wish give you
    some usefull informations a hope.

    If you ask me for some greats book, a answer "O'Reilly !"

    1) Learning Python
    2) programming Python
    3) Python Pocket Reference
    4) Python in a Nuteshell
    5) Python Essential Reference
    6) Python Cookbook

    Begin to buy the first ('1)') book, then second ('2)') ...

    A fatal link that surelly help
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(programmeertaal) . I know it's in
    Dutch language but there is a usefull link on the bottom of this page ... I
    hope you think in same manner (some troubles to explain me), try and buy...
    Buy if you like it and if you use it...I hope is clearly enought !!!

    N.B.: I have not make this page on Wikipedia.

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - Debian Sarge user
    David Van Mosselbeen, Dec 11, 2005