Great books on Python?

Tolga

I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
solid books are welcome.

Thanx in advance.

Xavier Morel

Tolga said:
I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
solid books are welcome.

Thanx in advance.
I'd call Dive Into Python a reference, it's an extremely clear yet
pythonic book, and it's available online for free.

And I guess that you already checked it, but the Python's Tutorial is --
of course -- imperative.

Nate Bargmann

I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
solid books are welcome.

Thanx in advance.

O'Reilly's Learning Python Second Edition covers up to version 2.3 and
presumes a bit of knowledge with C. I've found it well written with a
rather low count of errors.

- Nate >>

David Van Mosselbeen

Tolga said:
I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
solid books are welcome.

Thanx in advance.

Some days ago there was an similar subject 'Learning Python', wish give you
some usefull informations a hope.

If you ask me for some greats book, a answer "O'Reilly !"

1) Learning Python
2) programming Python
3) Python Pocket Reference
4) Python in a Nuteshell
5) Python Essential Reference
6) Python Cookbook

Begin to buy the first ('1)') book, then second ('2)') ...

A fatal link that surelly help
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(programmeertaal) . I know it's in
Dutch language but there is a usefull link on the bottom of this page ... I
hope you think in same manner (some troubles to explain me), try and buy...
Buy if you like it and if you use it...I hope is clearly enought !!!

N.B.: I have not make this page on Wikipedia.