grep for XML - XPath on OS-X

Sylvain Gaudan

Hi,
I am looking for a tool like XMLStarlet that works on OS-X. The
goal is to search (grep like) in XML files using XPath. I would like
to avoid Xindice from apache. I didn't succeed to use pathan. A Java
implementation would be the best.
Thank you,
Sylvain Gaudan

Mikhail Grouchinsky

Hi,
I am looking for a tool like XMLStarlet that works on OS-X. The
goal is to search (grep like) in XML files using XPath. I would like
to avoid Xindice from apache. I didn't succeed to use pathan. A Java
implementation would be the best.
Thank you,
Sylvain Gaudan

There is XmlStarlet package for OS-X in Fink

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/xmlstarlet

It also should not be difficult to compile it from source on OS X

http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/
XMLStarlet Command Line XML Toolkit

Sylvain Gaudan

Thank you Mikhail for you answer!
But something stays unclear to me. I see from the fink site that an
xmlstarlet package is existing, but I don't see it in FinkCommander
and the command
apt-cache search xmlstarlet
does not retrieve anything (after an update of the package list of
course).
Any idea? I guess this is not something related to xmlstarlet but to
fink/debian.
Thank you!
Sylvain.