    returned and total COUNT of the records is returned.

    so in short i need to be able to do this without object datasource, (one of
    the most useless controls in 2.0)
    Kovan A, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Kovan A

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Basically the thing with DataGrid was implemented with PagedDataSource
    wrapper class ((is also with gridView but VirtualCount is not exposed), you
    should be able to use it to enable it yourself.
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.pageddatasource.aspx

    Note that DataGrid works fine in ASP.NET 2.0 (and exists) so if you want it
    fast, it works exactly as in v1.x

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider