has anyone done a blog or forum engine in python?

googleboy

Hiya.

I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
doing this focussing on python.

It would be cool to find projects in python with code I can refer to.

Regards,

googleboy

Irmen de Jong

googleboy said:
Hiya.

I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
doing this focussing on python.

As a matter of fact, I'm building a blog (incl. comments) server
in Python right now. I don't have anything complete yet, but
it steadily grows to something useful. I think. ;-)
I'm building it on top of my own web app server, Snakelets,
also written in Python (http://snakelets.sourceforge.net).
It would be cool to find projects in python with code I can refer to.

Sorry, no blog server code available yet, but you could
have a look at Snakelets if you're interested.

Bye

Irmen de JOng.

Mark Rowe

I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
doing this focussing on python.

I've recently developed a Python-based blogging system named Snurf
(<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/2004/08/02/snurf-a-python-based-
blogging-system/>). I've tried to KISS when writing Snurf as my
previous attempts along similar lines have ended up being
over-engineered. The current version uses the file system as the data
store, but it is designed so that adding, eg. a database backend,
should be relatively simple.

While I have not officially "released" Snurf yet, the source code is
available from my Subversion repository at
<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/svn/snurf/trunk/>. See
<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/2004/08/28/snurf-source-available-via-
subversion/> for more information on obtaining the source.

Regards,

Mark Rowe

Wai Yip Tung

Hiya.

I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
doing this focussing on python.

It would be cool to find projects in python with code I can refer to.

Regards,

googleboy

My blog [http://tungwaiyip.info/] is built using pyblosxom
[http://roughingit.subtlehints.net/pyblosxom/]. It is a very small and