    It would be cool to find projects in python with code I can refer to.

    Regards,

    googleboy

    googleboy, Sep 6, 2004

  2. googleboy wrote:
    > Hiya.
    >
    > I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
    > website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
    > from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
    > doing this focussing on python.

    As a matter of fact, I'm building a blog (incl. comments) server
    in Python right now. I don't have anything complete yet, but
    it steadily grows to something useful. I think. ;-)
    I'm building it on top of my own web app server, Snakelets,
    also written in Python (http://snakelets.sourceforge.net).

    > It would be cool to find projects in python with code I can refer to.

    Sorry, no blog server code available yet, but you could
    have a look at Snakelets if you're interested.

    Bye

    Irmen de JOng.

    Irmen de Jong, Sep 6, 2004

  3. googleboy

    Mark Rowe Guest

    On Sep 7, 2004, at 12:45 AM, googleboy wrote:

    > I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
    > website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
    > from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
    > doing this focussing on python.

    I've recently developed a Python-based blogging system named Snurf
    (<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/2004/08/02/snurf-a-python-based-
    blogging-system/>). I've tried to KISS when writing Snurf as my
    previous attempts along similar lines have ended up being
    over-engineered. The current version uses the file system as the data
    store, but it is designed so that adding, eg. a database backend,
    should be relatively simple.

    While I have not officially "released" Snurf yet, the source code is
    available from my Subversion repository at
    <http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/svn/snurf/trunk/>. See
    <http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/2004/08/28/snurf-source-available-via-
    subversion/> for more information on obtaining the source.

    Regards,

    Mark Rowe

    Mark Rowe, Sep 7, 2004
  4. googleboy

    Wai Yip Tung Guest

    On 6 Sep 2004 05:45:52 -0700, googleboy <> wrote:

    > Hiya.
    >
    > I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
    > website. I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
    > from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
    > doing this focussing on python.
    >
    > It would be cool to find projects in python with code I can refer to.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > googleboy

    My blog [http://tungwaiyip.info/] is built using pyblosxom
    [http://roughingit.subtlehints.net/pyblosxom/]. It is a very small and