have you ever used freetextbox control

miladhatam

hi
i 've downloaded the freetextbox control but it has error
it works when is in my comuter but when i move it to another computer
occurs error
Could not load file or assembly 'FreeTextBox' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
<%@ Register Assembly="FreeTextBox" Namespace="FreeTextBoxControls"
TagPrefix="FTB" %>
but its dll file is in my bin folder
can you help me?

Mark Fitzpatrick

Are you sure that the web you have deployed has the bin in the correct
location? The directory has to be marked as an application in IIS. Sometimes
it's easy to miss this step. Also, make sure that the dll is actually in the
published version. I know plenty of times when someone has checked their bin
directory on their dev machine and know for certain the dll is there, but
miss checking the published bin directory and assume that it was picked up
by VS propertly (which it won't unless VS is told to reference the bin).

Do you have the correct version of FreeTextBox dll in the bin directory,
there are three versions, 1.0,1.1, and 2.0. If the web is a 1.x web it may
throw such an error if you put the 2.0 control in it. Also, make sure you
didn't extract it to that location directly from WinZip as it may have put
the dll in a subdirectory of bin instead (which won't work.

Greg Esres

<<i 've downloaded the freetextbox control but it has error>>

BTW, this control is *very* slow. I ditched it for another that
wasn't as pretty, but much faster.

miladhatam

hi mark
thanks alot i think i must go and download another version
i have its version 3.0
do you know another text editor ?

gick2007

hi miladhatam, I having the same problem. did you find a solution? I
am using 3.1.6 on .NET 2.0. works fine on local server, both in IE and
FF... but gives errors on a remote host that has the same config... :(

Mark Rae

hi miladhatam, I having the same problem. did you find a solution? I
am using 3.1.6 on .NET 2.0. works fine on local server, both in IE and
FF...

I'm currently using this on an intranet project without problems. The client
has purchased a professional licence to enable some of the advanced
features, but not having this should not cause an error - just certain
features will be unavailable...
but gives errors on a remote host that has the same config... :(

Specifically...?

Obviously, on the remote app you will have checked that the httpHandler is
correct in web.config, and that correct version of FreeTextBox.dll (mine
says 3.1.6.34851) is in the \bin folder...