    but its dll file is in my bin folder
    can you help me?
    , Feb 4, 2007

  2. Are you sure that the web you have deployed has the bin in the correct
    location? The directory has to be marked as an application in IIS. Sometimes
    it's easy to miss this step. Also, make sure that the dll is actually in the
    published version. I know plenty of times when someone has checked their bin
    directory on their dev machine and know for certain the dll is there, but
    miss checking the published bin directory and assume that it was picked up
    by VS propertly (which it won't unless VS is told to reference the bin).

    Do you have the correct version of FreeTextBox dll in the bin directory,
    there are three versions, 1.0,1.1, and 2.0. If the web is a 1.x web it may
    throw such an error if you put the 2.0 control in it. Also, make sure you
    didn't extract it to that location directly from WinZip as it may have put
    the dll in a subdirectory of bin instead (which won't work.

    --

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Greg Esres Guest

    <<i 've downloaded the freetextbox control but it has error>>

    BTW, this control is *very* slow. I ditched it for another that
    wasn't as pretty, but much faster.
    Greg Esres, Feb 5, 2007

    hi mark
    thanks alot i think i must go and download another version
    i have its version 3.0
    do you know another text editor ?
    , Feb 5, 2007

    hi miladhatam, I having the same problem. did you find a solution? I
    am using 3.1.6 on .NET 2.0. works fine on local server, both in IE and
    FF... but gives errors on a remote host that has the same config... :(
    , Feb 6, 2007
  6. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > hi miladhatam, I having the same problem. did you find a solution? I
    > am using 3.1.6 on .NET 2.0. works fine on local server, both in IE and
    > FF...

    I'm currently using this on an intranet project without problems. The client
    has purchased a professional licence to enable some of the advanced
    features, but not having this should not cause an error - just certain
    features will be unavailable...

    > but gives errors on a remote host that has the same config... :(

    Specifically...?

    Obviously, on the remote app you will have checked that the httpHandler is
    correct in web.config, and that correct version of FreeTextBox.dll (mine
    says 3.1.6.34851) is in the \bin folder...
    Mark Rae, Feb 6, 2007