Help: Compiler Error BC30002 - VB object not found ?

Ted

I am new to ASP.NET and have been following te Quick Start tutorials
(http://www.asp.net/tutorials/quickstart.aspx and
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...walkthroughdeployingapplicationcomponents.asp
and ).

My problem is that I tried using a VB.NET local assembly ("business object")
and I keep getting the same Compiler Error BC30002 - apparently ASP.NET
can't find the object related to my VB.NET code in a separate DLL.

I am using IIS v5, .NET Framework v1.1, Visual Studio.NET 2003.

I have:
- created a virtual directory (/BIN) which points to the location of the DLL
generated by my VB class.
- done a REGASM and GACUTIL to register the DLL.
- ensured that the web.config and machine.config have added assembly of my
namespace.
- strong named my namespace/DLL - using sn.exe to myKey.snk and added it
within my code as an assembly key.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Ted

Kumar Reddi

Does your application have a copy of that assembly in the bin folder? If not
try placing it in the bin folder and compile

Ted

I think I already did that: when I created the virtual directory, I pointed
it to the BIN directory of my VB.NET project. The resultant DLL resides in
there, as does the .tlb file.

Ted