    Any help it's appreciated!

    Best Regards.

    Sorin

    sorin, Jan 24, 2005

  2. sorin wrote:
    > I developed some simple ASP 3.0 pages to add some operative
    > functionality to my app. I configured IIS to use windows integrate
    > authentication for this pages and it's working just fine.
    >
    > For security reasons (audit) I need to trace down the username that
    > requested this page. I already have a custom service called from ASP
    > page that trace down some data I need. It's there a way to find out
    > what is the windows username that requested the page so I can pass
    > this information to my audit function?
    >
    > Any help it's appreciated!
    >
    > Best Regards.
    >
    > Sorin

    Response.Write request.servervariables("logon_user")

    This will only contain a value if Anonymous access is disabled.

    For more, look up ServerVariables at msdn.microsoft.com/library

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 24, 2005

  3. --SNIP--

    > Response.Write request.servervariables("logon_user")
    >
    > This will only contain a value if Anonymous access is disabled.
    >
    > For more, look up ServerVariables at msdn.microsoft.com/library
    >
    > Bob Barrows
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    > "NO SPAM"

    I've been using Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), which returns the same
    information as LOGON_USER. Is there any advantage to using one over the
    other?

    Jim

    Jim in Arizona, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Jim in Arizona wrote:
    > --SNIP--
    >>
    >> Response.Write request.servervariables("logon_user")
    >>
    >> This will only contain a value if Anonymous access is disabled.
    >>
    >> For more, look up ServerVariables at msdn.microsoft.com/library
    >>

    > I've been using Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), which returns
    > the same information as LOGON_USER.

    Not always

    > Is there any advantage to using
    > one over the other?

    From msdn library:
    AUTH_USER Raw authenticated user name.
    LOGON_USER The Windows account that the user is logged into.

    As you say, they may contain the same information, esp. if Anonymous is
    turned off. One is more explicit than the other (its definition, that is)

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 24, 2005