Help needed - ASP with windows integrated authentication

sorin

I developed some simple ASP 3.0 pages to add some operative functionality to
my app. I configured IIS to use windows integrate authentication for this
pages and it's working just fine.

For security reasons (audit) I need to trace down the username that
requested this page. I already have a custom service called from ASP page
that trace down some data I need. It's there a way to find out what is the
windows username that requested the page so I can pass this information to my
audit function?

Any help it's appreciated!

Best Regards.

Sorin

Bob Barrows [MVP]

sorin said:
I developed some simple ASP 3.0 pages to add some operative
functionality to my app. I configured IIS to use windows integrate
authentication for this pages and it's working just fine.

For security reasons (audit) I need to trace down the username that
requested this page. I already have a custom service called from ASP
page that trace down some data I need. It's there a way to find out
what is the windows username that requested the page so I can pass
this information to my audit function?

Any help it's appreciated!

Best Regards.

Sorin

Response.Write request.servervariables("logon_user")

This will only contain a value if Anonymous access is disabled.

For more, look up ServerVariables at msdn.microsoft.com/library

Bob Barrows

Jim in Arizona

--SNIP--

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

I've been using Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), which returns the same
information as LOGON_USER. Is there any advantage to using one over the
other?

Jim

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jim said:
--SNIP--

I've been using Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"), which returns
the same information as LOGON_USER.

Not always
Is there any advantage to using
one over the other?
From msdn library:
AUTH_USER Raw authenticated user name.
LOGON_USER The Windows account that the user is logged into.

As you say, they may contain the same information, esp. if Anonymous is
turned off. One is more explicit than the other (its definition, that is)

Bob Barrows