Help with Script Error - Please

John F Kappler

Help! Please….

I don't know asp, and my webmaster is on holiday, non-contactable!!

We have a website that was running fine earlier this week (and has
been for many months).

As of yesterday, accessing any page on the site gives the error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0134'
Invalid ProgID attribute
/LM/W3SVC/67610/ROOT/global.asa, line 2
The object has an invalid ProgID of 'MSWC.counters'.

I've extracted file global.asa and it contains:

<object id="objcounters" runat="server" scope="application"
progid="MSWC.counters">
</object>
<script runat="server" language="vbscript">
sub application_onstart
set application("objcounters") =
server.createobject("MSWC.Counters")
end sub
</script>

Can anyone please tell me why this would suddenly stop working?

Please…. Thank-you

JohnK

p.s. The server host says that their asp test scripts are running fine
on that system, as we haven't changed the code, I have my suspicions….

John F Kappler

Thanks for the reply.

It turns out they upgraded server "18" from Windows 2000 to Windows
2003 yesterday, and the component is not in 2003!

But they installed it and it all works fine. Dont you just love it
when they say it cant be their fault and it has to be our code!!

Anyway, thanks again,

JohnK

John F Kappler

I did read it, but I'm low on asp comprehension. I've forwarded it to
my webmaster (and coder) for his attention when he returns!!

Perhaps I should be greateful the server hosts don't have asp
knowledge!!

Thanks again

JohnK

Bastards!

Did you read that article on aspfaq.com? If I were your host, I'd suspend
your account again until you adjusted your code. >:]
http://www.aspfaq.com/2053

Ray at work