help with setting up aspnet account for msde

Guest

Hi guys

I'm trying to get a database connection to MSDE working. The books say I
have to use oSql to setup the ASPNET account to work with databases.

However, oSql is telling me I've got no ASPNET account!!

I have Win2k Server, IIS, with the Prerequisites disc of Visual C# installed
(Framework 1.1.4322), and MSDE. No VS development tools installed.

How can I set the ASPNET account up? Is it easy to do or has something gone
wrong in the installation?!

Cheers

Dan

Patrick.O.Ige

If i remember i guess VS.NET/.Net Framwor creates the account when u
install it.
Dan u didn't answer my POST on TreeView:(
Still waiting.....
Patrick

Scott Allen

I believe the aspnet_regiis utility installs the ASPNET account on the
local machine.

Guest

I also think that you must register ASP.NET into IIS with
aspnet_regiis utility.

Uros