    then displays a results set that includes a link to the document.
    Is it possible to not display the documents complete URL path in the status
    bar?
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZkI=?=, Mar 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZkI=?=

    Jason Mauss Guest

    Have you thought about using POST instead of GET as your method?

    If you wanted to remove the URL path (or "address bar" ) entirely you can
    use the various flags in the window.open() method of the DOM.

    --Jason

    Jason Mauss, Mar 25, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZkI=?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    in client script, catch onmouseover and onmouseout events for the links, and
    change the window.status to what you want.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Jason:

    I tried this and it made no difference. When a user hovers their mouse over
    a document link, the full path displays in the IE status bar.

    Jeff

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZkI=?=, Mar 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZkI=?=

    Jason Mauss Guest

    AHh...sorry about that. I read that as "address bar" and not "status
    bar"...Bruce's suggestion should work.

    -Jason

    Jason Mauss, Mar 25, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZkI=?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    JeffB wrote:

    > I have a Web application that allows users to search a document store
    > and then displays a results set that includes a link to the document.
    > Is it possible to not display the documents complete URL path in the
    > status bar?

    Use URL rewriting or a dedicated HttpHandler if you're concerned about
    security (i.e. exposing system information like file locations or
    directory structure). Simply trying to hide textual output in a browser
    isn't really a good idea here.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de