    Ideas? Suggestions?
    --
    Rob Hutchison
    =?Utf-8?B?UkNIdXRjaA==?=, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Use some javascript

    http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/hidestatus.shtml

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)

    John Timney \(MVP\), Aug 19, 2006

  3. Thanks, but your link describes what does "almost works". As I said, it
    works well except when each link is clicked for the first time on the page.
    The URL only shows when the mouse button is down when over the hyperlink.
    --
    Rob Hutchison

    =?Utf-8?B?UkNIdXRjaA==?=, Aug 19, 2006
  4. If you click on the link in the example you refer to, it does not work
    properly either.
    --
    Rob Hutchison

    =?Utf-8?B?UkNIdXRjaA==?=, Aug 19, 2006
  5. ah yes - should have read your post properly.

    Fairly sure you will not find a solution to this, as the mousedown event
    doesn't seem to be trappable until you release the mouse, and by then the
    link is exposed and the click event takes over. I think you'll have to live
    with it.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)

    John Timney \(MVP\), Aug 19, 2006