    Amit Jain Guest

    Is there any plugins to do Hot Deploy from Web Logic 9 with Eclipse?
    Currently I am working on Eclipse with Web Logic 9 environment.

    Amit Jain, Nov 24, 2008

  2. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    On Nov 24, 4:02 pm, Amit Jain <> wrote:
    > Is there any plugins to do Hot Deploy from Web Logic 9 with Eclipse?
    > Currently I am working on Eclipse with Web Logic 9 environment.

    Hi All,

    I follow link < http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs90/deployment/deploy.html#1021599
    > for Hot Deployment in "Weblogic version 9.2". But auto-deploy for an

    archive application is not passed.

    ------------------
    Steps done:
    ------------------
    1. Modify A.java file.
    2. Put A.class (modified in step I) in xyz.jar.
    3. Copy modified version of xyz.jar in /autodeploy folder of
    application domain folder.
    4. Change the timestamp of REDEPLOY file location /autodeploy

    ------------------
    file structure:
    ------------------
    AppDomain(Domain Name)
    |-autodeploy
    |-REDEPLOY
    |-xyz.jar
    |-bin
    |-config
    |-servers
    |-servername
    |-...
    |-...

    I appreciate your response.

    Thanks in advance.

    Amit Jain

    Amit Jain, Nov 27, 2008

  3. Amit Jain

    Aakansha Guest

    On Nov 27, 4:20 pm, Amit Jain <> wrote:
    > On Nov 24, 4:02 pm, Amit Jain <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any plugins to doHotDeploy from Web Logic9withEclipse?
    > > Currently I am working onEclipsewith Web Logic9environment.

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I follow link <http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs90/deployment/deploy.html#1021599> forHotDeploymentin "Weblogicversion 9.2". But auto-deploy for an
    >
    > archive application is not passed.
    >
    > ------------------
    > Steps done:
    > ------------------
    >   1. Modify A.java file.
    >   2. Put A.class (modified in step I) in xyz.jar.
    >   3. Copy modified version of xyz.jar in /autodeploy folder of
    > application domain folder.
    >   4. Change the timestamp of REDEPLOY file location /autodeploy
    >
    > ------------------
    > file structure:
    > ------------------
    > AppDomain(Domain Name)
    >   |-autodeploy
    >       |-REDEPLOY
    >       |-xyz.jar
    >   |-bin
    >   |-config
    >   |-servers
    >       |-servername
    >   |-...
    >   |-...
    >
    > I appreciate your response.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Amit Jain

    Hi,

    I am also facing same problem.

    Aakansha

    Aakansha, Nov 27, 2008
  4. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    On Nov 27, 4:36 pm, Aakansha <> wrote:
    > On Nov 27, 4:20 pm, Amit Jain <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Nov 24, 4:02 pm, Amit Jain <> wrote:

    > > > Is there any plugins to doHotDeploy from Web Logic9withEclipse?
    > > > Currently I am working onEclipsewith Web Logic9environment.

    > > Hi All,

    > > I follow link <http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs90/deployment/deploy.html#1021599> forHotDeploymentin "Weblogicversion 9.2". But auto-deploy for an

    > > archive application is not passed.

    > > ------------------
    > > Steps done:
    > > ------------------
    > >   1. Modify A.java file.
    > >   2. Put A.class (modified in step I) in xyz.jar.
    > >   3. Copy modified version of xyz.jar in /autodeploy folder of
    > > application domain folder.
    > >   4. Change the timestamp of REDEPLOY file location /autodeploy

    > > ------------------
    > > file structure:
    > > ------------------
    > > AppDomain(Domain Name)
    > >   |-autodeploy
    > >       |-REDEPLOY
    > >       |-xyz.jar
    > >   |-bin
    > >   |-config
    > >   |-servers
    > >       |-servername
    > >   |-...
    > >   |-...

    > > I appreciate your response.

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > > Amit Jain

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am also facing same problem.
    >
    > Aakansha- Hide quoted text -

    Hi All,
    I am getting following exception as mention below while doing auto
    deployment in Weblogic 9.2

    <Dec 4, 2008 6:34:44 PM IST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149265> <Failure
    occured in the execution of deployment request with ID
    '1228395880337' for task '0'. Error is:
    'weblogic.application.ModuleException: Context path '' is already in
    use by the mod
    ule: / application: MyApp'
    weblogic.application.ModuleException: Context path '' is already in
    use by the module: / application: MyApp
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare
    (WebAppModule.java:292)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.prepare
    (ScopedModuleDriver.java:176)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare
    (ModuleListenerInvoker.java:93)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow
    $1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:360)
    at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState
    (StateMachineDriver.java:26)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    weblogic.application.ModuleException: Context path '' is already in
    use by the module: / application: MyApp
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.initAndValidateContextPath
    (WebAppModule.java:652)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.registerWebApp
    (WebAppModule.java:548)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare
    (WebAppModule.java:284)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.prepare
    (ScopedModuleDriver.java:176)
    at
    weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare
    (ModuleListenerInvoker.java:93)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

    <Dec 4, 2008 6:34:45 PM IST> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149004>
    <Failures were detected while initiating deploy task for appl
    ication '_appsdir_MyApp_dir'.>
    <Dec 4, 2008 6:34:45 PM IST> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149078> <Stack
    trace for message 149004
[...]

    I am following steps given in below link for weblogic auto deployment:
    http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=40&t=003347

    thanks in Advance

    Amit Jain

    Amit Jain, Dec 4, 2008