    clicked to a different page.

    Thanks for any guidance,
    Ron

    Ronald S. Cook, May 10, 2008

  2. Ronald S. Cook

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Ronald S. Cook" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want to create an ASP.NET website wherein an embedded Windows Media
    >Player is displayed throughought the web session and new media files are
    >played depending on what the user clicks elsewhere.
    >
    > I'm new to AJAX, but am starting to understand using the ScriptManager and
    > UpdatePanel controls.
    >
    > So, would I have an UpdatePanel for both the Windows Media Player and then
    > one for "everything else"? How would I (or would I want to) utilize
    > Master pages so that header and footer would be the same? Or, maybe I
    > couldn't use Master Pages as I'd want the player to not be interrupted as
    > the user clicked to a different page.
    >
    > Thanks for any guidance,
    > Ron

    I have done exactly what you are trying.

    The mininum you need is one update panel for the player (I have my own UI so
    I have actual player hidden), one update panel if you have a navigation
    (select song(s)) and one for the results of the navigation.

    If you want to be able to select songs to play you will have to use
    Javascript to inject the code for the player on a song by song basis as the
    player is not good at handling script commands.

    You will want to just have the page load and then using the update panels
    load new information so that you do not interrupt the playing of songs.

    Hope this helps and I will be monitoring the forums so if you need more help
    let me know.

    Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen, May 10, 2008

  3. Thanks Llyod!... I'll get started that way.

    Ronald S. Cook, May 10, 2008