How can I replace our old system with J2EE

aaaa

We develop the document management system for clarifying and
sharing all files in an organization.The Metadata for each files
are controlled by central metadata server and files are uploaded
to the dataset servers, which can be located remotely we are targetting
a big organization so that they can have dataset servers in each district
offices and have metadata server at the head quarter to share all data
in an organization. We develop our own server( not J2EE ) in Java. It
is total platform independent and we provide API for web developers to
develop web applications and for VB, VC developers to create fat client
applications.

The thing is i don't if this system is replaced by J2EE.

Chen

James McGill

The thing is i don't if this system is replaced by J2EE.

J2EE is a very abstract set of APIs, with very little that is
application specific. While I'm certain that you could replace or
enhance your system using J2EE, you haven't given enough information
to say.