How can I uninstall Ruby? Need to reinstall - please help!

Peter Vanderhaden

My Ruby installation doesn't recognize "gets", among other things, so
I'm assuming that my Ruby installation is somehow corrupt. I'd like to
completely remove Ruby from my Windows system, and do a clean reinstall.
Can someone tell me the best way to remove everything Ruby from my
system? It doesn't show up on the add/remove programs list. Any help
will be GREATLY appreciated.
PETERV

Damjan Rems

Peter said:
My Ruby installation doesn't recognize "gets", among other things, so

I have used One-Click Ruby Installer and everything is installed in
c:\ruby directory.

So. Delete this directory and uninstallation is done. You can also
update environment variable "path" and remove c:\ruby\bin entry. That
should do it.

If you run One-Click Ruby Installer again, you will be informed that it
will delete old ruby instalation. And it does this literary since it
also deletes any subdirectories you might have created by yourself.

by
TheR

Stefan Mahlitz

Peter said:
My Ruby installation doesn't recognize "gets", among other things, so
I'm assuming that my Ruby installation is somehow corrupt. I'd like to
completely remove Ruby from my Windows system, and do a clean reinstall.
Can someone tell me the best way to remove everything Ruby from my
system? It doesn't show up on the add/remove programs list. Any help
will be GREATLY appreciated.

Any chance that you are using SciTE?

Stefan