How do I compile ASP.NET application from VS.NET 2005 in .NET 1.1

donet programmer

I have an app that I created in ASP.NET 1.1 using VS.NET 2003. Does
anybody know if its possible to compile this application using VS.NET
2005 in .NET 1.1 ( I don't want to compile on .NET 2.0 since my
company's web servers are still running .NET 1.1).
Thanks

Mark Rae

I have an app that I created in ASP.NET 1.1 using VS.NET 2003. Does
anybody know if its possible to compile this application using VS.NET
2005 in .NET 1.1 ( I don't want to compile on .NET 2.0 since my
company's web servers are still running .NET 1.1).

I'm fairly certain that this isn't possible...

However, VS.NET 2003 and 2005 run perfectly happily on the same machine, so
you should be able to continue to develop it in v1.1 until your company's
ready to move to v2

donet programmer

Thanks Mark and Plamen, Have you guys or anybody else out there
actually used MSBee to build .NET 1.1 solution. How do you rank this?
Any potentials issues I should be aware of??

Mark Rae

I did use it on a small project without any issues.

I wasn't even aware of its existence until you mentioned it! How does it
handle new features in v2? E.g. generics, System.Net.Mail, the new website
compilation model etc...?
For most of my large projects I still use VS 2003 running side by side
with VS 2005.

That seems a much more sensible idea. I use Virtual PC for this sort of
thing...

Plamen Ratchev

It actually does not handle new features in .Net 2. The purpose is to let
you use the VS 2005 environment to program for .NET 1.1 and produce a .NET
1.1 compiled output (or in other words to still be able to compile your VS
2003 projects in VS 2005). I do not think there is a tool out there to port
..NET 2 functionality to .NET 1.1.

Regards,

Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com