How do I create humongous pop-up windows?

Nicolai P. Zwar

Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

PeterMcC

Nicolai said:
Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for
all, and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to
a low volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain
control over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is
that something HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up
on people's screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting
at the moment.

Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
as well.

Kris

Nicolai P. Zwar said:
Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

Won't work for me. I don't have a computer.

Samuël van Laere

Nicolai P. Zwar said:
Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

I need something like that myself. ;)

Hywel Jenkins

Nicolai P. Zwar said:
Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

You'll need the IE source code, Visual C++, and some coffee. Add
sugar to suit your taste. Mix together then bake at gas mark 6 for
three hours.

Have you thought of implementing some sort of
"electric_shock_if_user_tries_to_turn_off_speakers" procedure?

T. Audry Glamour

PeterMcC said:
Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
as well.

Anyone have the code to animate the icon thingee?

Audry

Kris

Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
as well.

Anyone have the code to animate the icon thingee?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't MARQUEE work? It should, IMNSHO!

Daniel R. Tobias

You'll need the IE source code, Visual C++, and some coffee. Add
sugar to suit your taste. Mix together then bake at gas mark 6 for
three hours.

Why can't you use the Mozilla source code?

Bagman

Nicolai P. Zwar said:
Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

O.K., got the code for you..
Only problem is you'll have to modify it for the user's computer. One code
set won't work on NS4 if it works on NS6... Code that works on MSIE 5+
crashes computers on older systems.
Of course, none of these code or variations works if they have Java Off...
so you gotta detect that and auto xfr them to the cgi pages... any way, have
a look at
http://www.nospam.tri-point.net/~deadly/crap/damcodes.html
(remove the nospam)
the java and cgi scripts are in a folder at ~deadly/crap/bin/
don't forget to add your paypal account so they can pay ya,
unless you want to do a direct transfer by phone.

this is not my code, looks like modified viruii to me so don't run it on
your own computer till ya take out the autorun. discovered it using a
homemade WebCrawler (wow! found some shit :)
anyway, have fun.

Bagman
______

SAVE THE WORLD! Teach Sharks to eat tofu.