    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com
    Nicolai P. Zwar, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Nicolai P. Zwar

    PeterMcC Guest

    Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:
    > Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
    > complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
    > move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for
    > all, and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to
    > a low volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain
    > control over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is
    > that something HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up
    > on people's screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting
    > at the moment.

    Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
    as well.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Nicolai P. Zwar

    Kris Guest

    In article <bn0atk$44u$>,
    "Nicolai P. Zwar" <> wrote:

    > Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
    > complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
    > move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
    > and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
    > volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
    > over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
    > HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
    > screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

    Won't work for me. I don't have a computer.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Kris wrote:

    > In article <bn0atk$44u$>,
    > "Nicolai P. Zwar" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
    >>complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
    >>move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
    >>and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
    >>volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
    >>over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
    >>HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
    >>screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

    > Won't work for me. I don't have a computer.

    Is there a way to get these pop-ups on ATM displays, too?

    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com
    Nicolai P. Zwar, Oct 20, 2003
  5. "Nicolai P. Zwar" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
    > complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
    > move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
    > and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
    > volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
    > over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
    > HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
    > screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.
    > --
    > Nicolai Zwar
    > http://www.nicolaizwar.com

    I need something like that myself. ;)

    --
    With regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    Samuël van Laere, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Toby A Inkster, Oct 20, 2003
  7. "Nicolai P. Zwar" <> wrote in message news:<bn0atk$44u$>...
    > Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
    > complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
    > move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
    > and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
    > volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
    > over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
    > HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
    > screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.

    You'll need the IE source code, Visual C++, and some coffee. Add
    sugar to suit your taste. Mix together then bake at gas mark 6 for
    three hours.

    Have you thought of implementing some sort of
    "electric_shock_if_user_tries_to_turn_off_speakers" procedure?

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 20, 2003
  8. Nicolai P. Zwar

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Toby A Inkster <> wrote in

    > Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to get these pop-ups on ATM displays, too?

    > And car windshields.

    And eyeglasses.
    Eric Bohlman, Oct 20, 2003
  9. Nicolai P. Zwar

    Kris Guest

    In article <Xns941A7CBF5D380ebohlmanomsdevcom@130.133.1.4>,
    Eric Bohlman <> wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster <> wrote in
    >
    > > Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is there a way to get these pop-ups on ATM displays, too?

    > > And car windshields.

    > And eyeglasses.

    And the bottom side of clouds?

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 20, 2003
  10. In article <dTOkb.13374$9.net>,
    "PeterMcC" <> wrote:

    > Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
    > as well.

    Anyone have the code to animate the icon thingee?

    Audry

    --
    I am not a professional woman.
    tawdry glamour who is at smile global dot com
    T. Audry Glamour, Oct 20, 2003
  11. Nicolai P. Zwar

    Kris Guest

    In article <-berlin.de>,
    "T. Audry Glamour" <> wrote:

    > > Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
    > > as well.

    > Anyone have the code to animate the icon thingee?

    Doesn't MARQUEE work? It should, IMNSHO!

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 20, 2003
  12. T. Audry Glamour wrote:

    > In article <dTOkb.13374$9.net>,
    > "PeterMcC" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Don't forget, you'll be needing one of those little icons in the address bar
    >> as well.

    > Anyone have the code to animate the icon thingee?

    Anyone have the code so that an animated icon thingee can force a
    pop-under?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 20, 2003
  13. Kris wrote:

    > And the bottom side of clouds?

    But then the pilots might miss it!

    Besides, wouldn't that be a pop-*under*?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 20, 2003
  14. (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in message news:<>...
    > You'll need the IE source code, Visual C++, and some coffee. Add
    > sugar to suit your taste. Mix together then bake at gas mark 6 for
    > three hours.

    Why can't you use the Mozilla source code?

    --
    Dan
    Daniel R. Tobias, Oct 20, 2003
  15. In article <>,
    says...
    > (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > You'll need the IE source code, Visual C++, and some coffee. Add
    > > sugar to suit your taste. Mix together then bake at gas mark 6 for
    > > three hours.

    > Why can't you use the Mozilla source code?

    You should be ashamed of yourself, demeaning a noble application such as
    Moz. Go to your room.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 20, 2003
  16. Nicolai P. Zwar

    Bagman Guest

    "Nicolai P. Zwar" <> popped out of his hole and left a
    message news:bn0atk$44u$...
    > Hey, how do I go about creating humongous pop-up windows that take
    > complete control over the user's screen, don't allow him to close or
    > move the window, delete the back button completely and once and for all,
    > and play a loud, loud sound file even if the speakers are set to a low
    > volume (or possibly even off). Users should be able to regain control
    > over their PCs only after I have extorted a small fee. Is that something
    > HTML can do? I would also like these windows to pop up on people's
    > screens no matter which sites they are actually visiting at the moment.
    > --
    > Nicolai Zwar
    > http://www.nicolaizwar.com

    O.K., got the code for you..
    Only problem is you'll have to modify it for the user's computer. One code
    set won't work on NS4 if it works on NS6... Code that works on MSIE 5+
    crashes computers on older systems.
    Of course, none of these code or variations works if they have Java Off...
    so you gotta detect that and auto xfr them to the cgi pages... any way, have
    a look at
    http://www.nospam.tri-point.net/~deadly/crap/damcodes.html
    (remove the nospam)
    the java and cgi scripts are in a folder at ~deadly/crap/bin/
    don't forget to add your paypal account so they can pay ya,
    unless you want to do a direct transfer by phone.

    this is not my code, looks like modified viruii to me so don't run it on
    your own computer till ya take out the autorun. discovered it using a
    homemade WebCrawler (wow! found some shit :)
    anyway, have fun.

    Bagman
    ______

    SAVE THE WORLD! Teach Sharks to eat tofu.
    Bagman, Oct 22, 2003