How many .xsd datasets for a site?

H5N1

Hi there

Is it OK to use one big xsd dataset (using Table Adapter Wizard) for
whole site, and just to include there all tables used on each page, or
should I keep those datasets as small as possible (for example if on
each update the whole dataset must be updated, and not only specific
tables).
What's the practice?

thanks

sloan

I would vote a strong NO to the uber DataSet..

The datasets should be big enough to handle the smaller business take at
hand.

If I need Customer, Orders and OrderDetail info, then make a DS with 3
tables (using Northwind as an example)

You also will have maintenance issues, because different
developers...different business problems will make alterations, breaking
someone else's usage.

a dataset should represent the "smaller world" parts of your overall
database...