    Thank you very much

    papatyam
    , Feb 4, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Dearest I.T. professional,
    >
    > I am now doing a survey and would like to ask all customers to submit
    > the questionnaire online so that I can collect the results in the
    > excel file.
    >
    > What programming language and how to write script to click the submit
    > button and all results will be saved to Excel file? When I open the
    > excel file, results from different customers will be saved in it and
    > all results will be written one by one.
    >
    > Thank you very much
    >
    > papatyam

    I don't know if you can directly save to an Excel file, but, if you use
    a table, you can tell Excel to use that tables data. Look at the Data
    column in Excel.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 4, 2007

  3. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Dearest I.T. professional,
    >
    > I am now doing a survey and would like to ask all customers to submit
    > the questionnaire online so that I can collect the results in the
    > excel file.
    >
    > What programming language and how to write script to click the submit
    > button and all results will be saved to Excel file? When I open the
    > excel file, results from different customers will be saved in it and
    > all results will be written one by one.

    One suggestion is to just use FSO on ther server to create a CSV file
    which you can subsequently double-click on to open it up in MS-Excel.

    If you choose yo use MS-Excel then you should probably start with a
    worksheet layed out the way you want it -- titles, column heading and
    spacing, etc. When adding a row you'll have to identify the last row
    used and insert the data in the next row. You'll also have a greater
    concern with concurrent updates; that is, two users submitting their
    results at the same time.
    McKirahan, Feb 4, 2007
  4. McKirahan Guest

    "McKirahan" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Dearest I.T. professional,
    > >
    > > I am now doing a survey and would like to ask all customers to submit
    > > the questionnaire online so that I can collect the results in the
    > > excel file.

    [snip]

    Also, is MS-Excel installed on the server?
    Likely not if you're using a hosting service.
    If it is installed, is it accessible from ASP?
    McKirahan, Feb 4, 2007
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "McKirahan" <>
    writing in news::

    > "McKirahan" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > Dearest I.T. professional,
    >> >
    >> > I am now doing a survey and would like to ask all customers to

    submit
    >> > the questionnaire online so that I can collect the results in the
    >> > excel file.

    > [snip]
    >
    > Also, is MS-Excel installed on the server?
    > Likely not if you're using a hosting service.
    > If it is installed, is it accessible from ASP?

    You don't have to have Excel on the server. All you have to do is:
    Data -> Import External Data -> New Web Query. You can create a
    spreadsheet from any web page. Hopefully, the author (of the page) has
    not abused tables and the data is in one single table.

    I am doing this for my boss, because she does not want to go to the url
    where the data is stored coming out of a database. It's eaiser for me
    to write to the table and get the results.

    Another alternative is to write the results to a csv file and import
    that into Excel.

    To the OP: Frankly, the best bet is to write to a db table. Use the
    right tool for the job -- Excel is for spreadsheets, Access is for data,
    Word is for documents, FrontPage is _not_ for creating pages for the
    WWW.

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 5, 2007