    Sybase::DBlib
    error: could not locate a PPD file for package Sybase-DBlib

    thx

    yubo he, Aug 22, 2004

  2. yubo he wrote:

    > hey, I am using activate perl in windows,

    I think you mean ActiveState.

    > I used ppm to install Sybase::DBlib

    I think you mean "I failed to..."

    > error: could not locate a PPD file for package Sybase-DBlib

    In PPM unlike CPAN you need to specify the distribution name not the
    module name in the install command.

    Often the distribution name is the same as the module name with '::'
    replaced by '-' so if you type something that looks like a module name
    then PPM will try that but this is only a heuristic that works occasionally.

    Looking on http://search.cpan.org/ I found that the distribution that
    contains Sybase::DBlib is sybperl.

    I don't know if its on the ActiveState's PD repository.

    Brian McCauley, Aug 22, 2004

  3. On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:59:01 -0400, yubo he wrote:

    > hey, I am using activate perl in windows, I used ppm to install
    > Sybase::DBlib
    > error: could not locate a PPD file for package Sybase-DBlib

    There is an ActiveState binary for sybperl at
    http://www.peppler.org/downloads/ActiveState

    Note that I don't use Windows myself, so I have no personal knowledge on
    how to install this, or how well it works.

    Michael
    --
    Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.
    http://www.peppler.org/