    error makefile 137:colon expected
    fatal makefile 762: no terminator specified for in-line file operator

    anybody has exp. ? thank you
    yubo he, Aug 25, 2004

  2. yubo he wrote:

    > (windows) I download sybperl module, but can not compile(using bc 5.2), it
    > seems like makefile has some errors
    > error makefile 137:colon expected
    > fatal makefile 762: no terminator specified for in-line file operator
    >
    > anybody has exp. ? thank you

    The Makefile.PL shipped with Perl modules makes (on Win32) a Makefile
    that is suited to the Microsoft nmake not the Borland make.
    Brian McCauley, Aug 25, 2004

  3. yubo he

    Sisyphus Guest

    yubo he wrote:
    > (windows) I download sybperl module, but can not compile(using bc 5.2), it
    > seems like makefile has some errors
    > error makefile 137:colon expected
    > fatal makefile 762: no terminator specified for in-line file operator
    >
    > anybody has exp. ? thank you

    I believe that a compiled version suitable for Win32 (probably a ppm) is
    available from:
    http://www.peppler.org/downloads/ActiveState/

    Cheers,
    Rob