    Any help/suggestion/code will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Tuhin

    Tuhin, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Tuhin wrote:
    > Hello every one,
    >
    > Is it possible to map windows from unix? What I am trying to do:

    Define what you mean by "map".

    > 1. First i will connect Unix(OS:Sun Solaries) from my PC (OS:Windows
    > XP)

    Define "I will connect". Telnet / ssh? FTP? HTTP? SMB?

    > 2. Write a script in Perl (on Unix) to open the Windows Explorer on my
    > PC.

    A program running on one computer cannot, in general, cause an
    arbitrary program to run on another (this is a good thing). You need
    some sort of program running on the target to authenticate and honour
    the request.

    > Any help/suggestion/code will be appreciated.

    I suggest that before you hit "send" on a Usenet post you read what you
    written pretending you did not already know what you were trying to
    say. It is impossible to figure out what your are asking.

    Brian McCauley, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Tuhin

    Mark Hobley Guest

    Tuhin <> wrote:

    > Is it possible to map windows from unix?

    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean make Unix network shares
    visible to Windows?

    Samba will do this for you.

    http://markhobley.yi.org/linux/samba/index.html

    Regards,