How to modify http header when submit request from IE?

walter

Hi there... we have a list of internal websites. For logging purpose, we
would like to attach some client side info in each HTTP request before submit
to server.

Two options for us : 1) each website can add some script to do so, but the
changes are enumerous; 2) it will be nice if we can inject the info on IE
before it submit the request back to the server.

I personally think option 2 is NOT possible because it posts secuirty issue.
I would like to get some idea from you on how to implement this feature.

Welcome any inspiring thought. Thanks.

George

Is not what you want called Cookies?
Your site can add cookies to the reply and next time browser submits request
to the server it will also send those cookies.

There are 2 different tpes of Cookies.
1st type is the one that live only untill browser is open
2nd type that live untill server said so (can be 10 years). So everytime
browser send a request (even 5 years from now and computer was rebooted all
those years) browser will send those cookies.
Obviously if user reformats his computer Cookies will not survive. (or user
can remove them manually but rare user knows how)

George.

walter

George... thanks... my objective is to avoid touching the website code.
Instead, we would like to find a way to plug into the browser-to-server
communication. This will help to pass some client side info back to server
for logging purpose.

As I said in me question, I suspect it may not be doable because of the
security impact.

Walter.