    I personally think option 2 is NOT possible because it posts secuirty issue.
    I would like to get some idea from you on how to implement this feature.

    Welcome any inspiring thought. Thanks.

    walter, Jul 18, 2008

  2. walter

    George Guest

    Is not what you want called Cookies?
    Your site can add cookies to the reply and next time browser submits request
    to the server it will also send those cookies.

    There are 2 different tpes of Cookies.
    1st type is the one that live only untill browser is open
    2nd type that live untill server said so (can be 10 years). So everytime
    browser send a request (even 5 years from now and computer was rebooted all
    those years) browser will send those cookies.
    Obviously if user reformats his computer Cookies will not survive. (or user
    can remove them manually but rare user knows how)

    George.

    George, Jul 19, 2008

  3. walter

    walter Guest

    George... thanks... my objective is to avoid touching the website code.
    Instead, we would like to find a way to plug into the browser-to-server
    communication. This will help to pass some client side info back to server
    for logging purpose.

    As I said in me question, I suspect it may not be doable because of the
    security impact.

    Walter.

    walter, Jul 21, 2008