HTTP 400 Bad Request

flamesfan

A few users at my company are unable to access an internal website, while the
majority can. Those who cannot access it receive an HTTP 400 Bad Request
message in Internet Explorer. A work around to get them to at least see the
first page of the application is to go to "Internet Options->Connections->Lan
Settings-> and then to uncheck "Bypass proxy server for local addresses."
However, even with it unchecked, IE still displays some HTTP 400 bad request
errors. The users have logged on to a number of other PCs and the problem
seems to follow them. I have logged on to their PCs and I don't get the
error message. Can you offer any advice on what the problem is and how to
resolve it? It occurs in both the production and development environments.

Thanks.

Stan

A few users at my company are unable to access an internal website, while the
majority can.  Those who cannot access it receive an HTTP 400 Bad Request
message in Internet Explorer.  A work around to get them to at least see the
first page of the application is to go to "Internet Options->Connections->Lan
Settings-> and then to uncheck "Bypass proxy server for local addresses."
However, even with it unchecked, IE still displays some HTTP 400 bad request
errors.  The users have logged on to a number of other PCs and the problem
seems to follow them.  I have logged on to their PCs and I don't get the
error message.  Can you offer any advice on what the problem is and how to
resolve it?  It occurs in both the production and development environments.

Thanks.

Hi

It sounds like a permissions problem where access is being denied to
some users. It's difficult to diagnose without knowing more about how
the application is configured. In particular check the web.config
file. Is it set to windows authentication mode? (VS sets it to windows
by default) Is impersonation set to true? (false by default)

Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have this exact same issue, but so far it has only happened to one user. Out of approx 100 users. I wonder if it is something in the users profile in AD.