Http/1.1 400 bad request

Learner

Hi there,
I have working version of an asp.net application on my windows 2003
server. We planning to move it production server which is again another
2003 server. The version i have on my machine works fine. But when i
moved the stuff over to the new 2003 server and try running the
appilication the login page(login.aspx)comes up but when i type in user
id and pwd and click on Ok its complaining about
'http/1.1 400 bad request'. I have the same and exact setup of my
application on the new server as i do on mine but not sure whats
causing to throw this error.

So as a test i just wanted to debug the application by installing
visual studio on the new server. So i did install the visual studio
2003 and copied my whole development version of the application. And
when i click on the sln file its throwing the same kind of error again.

Here is what i see in the visual studio
**********************************error in the visual studio******
The webserver reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the webproject located at the following URL: 'Mywholeurl'.
'Http/1.1 400 bad request'
Can some one please help me how to resolved this kind of error.

thanks is advance.
-L

Bruce Barker

a 400 error is an application error - asp.net is blowing up trying to load
you app (usually bad dll mix or missing dlls). vs will have the same problem
when it it the site to get info.

attach the debugger to the asp.net worker process (for the correct app
pool). then hit your site, you may catch the error. the fusion log viewer is
proably what you need.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ools/html/cpgrffusionlogviewerfuslogvwexe.asp

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Learner

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty much new to this fuslogvw.exe i
have never used it. But at the same time sounds interesting that it
could tell the missing dlls. I just ran the fuslogvw.exe in the visual
studio command prompt but it was empty!!! may be i am not doing it
right. i have 3 projects missing in my sln file. I tried adding them
back in by right clicking on sln file and click on add but i get the
same 400 error. I think this is some thing needs to be handled by an
expert. Could you please explain how do i track what dlls are missing
and how to get them back. And when you said 'attch te debugger to the
asp.net worker process(for the correct app pool)' i don't understand
what it means.
Thanks in advance.
-L

Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
just encountered the same issue.. i managed to overcome it by starting the default web site in iis...

hope that helps..