    eg. frequency of letter/ words

    thanks for help

    , Sep 26, 2007

  2. osmium Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
    > It analyses an english composition.
    > What functions should it include?
    > eg. frequency of letter/ words

    I take it you mean a grammar analyzer? To me, a composition analyzer would
    be at a higher level. such as is the beginning *at* the beginning. It still
    sounds like a very ambitious task.

    I think the frequency of letters would be of zero interest.

    osmium, Sep 26, 2007

  3. "osmium" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
    >> It analyses an english composition.
    >> What functions should it include?
    >> eg. frequency of letter/ words

    > I take it you mean a grammar analyzer? To me, a composition analyzer
    > would be at a higher level. such as is the beginning *at* the beginning.
    > It still sounds like a very ambitious task.
    >
    > I think the frequency of letters would be of zero interest.

    Pretty important in cryptology.

    Bye, Jojo

    Joachim Schmitz, Sep 26, 2007
  4. Tor Rustad Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
    > It analyses an english composition.
    > What functions should it include?
    > eg. frequency of letter/ words

    2007-09-16 you posted:

    "I want to get some ideas to organise a composition analyzer??
    eg. frequencies of letters

    Thx for your suggestion"

    Have you checked the replies?

    --
    Tor <torust [at] online [dot] no>

    Tor Rustad, Sep 26, 2007
  5. osmium Guest

    "Tor Rustad" wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
    >> It analyses an english composition.
    >> What functions should it include?
    >> eg. frequency of letter/ words

    > 2007-09-16 you posted:
    >
    > "I want to get some ideas to organise a composition analyzer??
    > eg. frequencies of letters
    >
    > Thx for your suggestion"
    >
    > Have you checked the replies?

    I don't think I paid any attention to your first post, there is a
    significant difference in your second post. It seems possible that you
    don't mean "composition" as used in general use in English. Perhaps you
    should check to see if that is what you really mean. the more I think about
    it the more I think you really want something else.

    Word count is *conceivably* (but unlikely) of interest in composition.
    Character frequency is simply way off the scale in terms of uselessness.
    And your first post didn't mention word count.

    osmium, Sep 26, 2007
  6. writes:
    > Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
    > It analyses an english composition.
    > What functions should it include?
    > eg. frequency of letter/ words

    Your question isn't really about C. You want to implement something
    in C, but your question is about defining just what it is you want to
    implement. I don't think we can help you with that part of the
    problem. You might try comp.programming.

    Once you've defined what you want to do, we can probably help you do
    it in C.

    Keith Thompson, Sep 26, 2007