How to pre-populate a RecordStore to be included in installation ?

Ken Loh

Is there a way to pre-populate a RecordStore so that it contains data
needed for an application to run right after being installed ?

Rhino

Ken Loh said:
Is there a way to pre-populate a RecordStore so that it contains data
needed for an application to run right after being installed ?

I haven't tried it but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.
Just generate the records programatically and insert them with the
addRecord() method and you should be fine. If you have a program that
prompts the user for input information from a Form and then writes this to a
RecordStore, just strip out the code that prompts the user for data and hard
code your own values.

Just make sure you write these records to the RecordStore before you hit the
point in the program where the user needs the data.

Rhino