How to put traditional Chinese text into Unicode Oracle 9i database via Internet Explorer

bjwang

Hello wisers,

We are testing a system which is developed on top of Oracle 9iAS. The
client PCs are using Internet Explorer to access the system. We are
sure that the Oracle 9i database server is set to use Unicode. The
Oracle 9i database server and Oracle 9iAS server are now running on
English Windows 2000 server. With client PCs running on traditional
Chinese Windows 2000 or traditional Chinese Windows XP, via Internet
Explorer we put traditional Chinese text into the system then query the
data again, it displays in inverted question marks.

1. How to resolve the problem?
2. Does the Internet Explorer View -> Code Unicode (UTF-8) setting
controls content display as well as keyin?
3. Or the system controls the code interpretation of keyin?
Thanks,

Bruce

steve

Hello wisers,

We are testing a system which is developed on top of Oracle 9iAS. The
client PCs are using Internet Explorer to access the system. We are
sure that the Oracle 9i database server is set to use Unicode. The
Oracle 9i database server and Oracle 9iAS server are now running on
English Windows 2000 server. With client PCs running on traditional
Chinese Windows 2000 or traditional Chinese Windows XP, via Internet
Explorer we put traditional Chinese text into the system then query the
data again, it displays in inverted question marks.

1. How to resolve the problem?
2. Does the Internet Explorer View -> Code Unicode (UTF-8) setting
controls content display as well as keyin?
3. Or the system controls the code interpretation of keyin?
Thanks,

Bruce

1.wrong group.
2. you have to use a utf8 char set inside the database. ( this has NOTHING
TO DO WITH the char set on the clients of the server.)
3. you may have to re-build hte database from scratch , using export , then
import.